If there is one thing I have learned to count on while living in an RV it is that no two days are ever the same.
Life around us is always introducing new experiences. Last night it was a RV that caught on fire.
Thankfully, it happened before the couple went to bed for the night.
Thankfully, they (and their dog) got out safely.
Thankfully, the fire didn’t spread to the neighboring RV (which got moved as soon as possible) or the nearby trees.
Thankfully, we have a close and responsive fire department.
However, no number of thankful things can erase the fact that this was a devastating situation for the owners of the motor home.
It is believed that there was some sort of electrical malfunction in the back of the diesel pushing rig. The owners were watching TV and felt a strange shaking almost like their dryer was running. Moments later there was a popping sound and a fire had started. They were able to escape with their little dog and the clothing on their backs.
You can be sure we will be reviewing our fire safety routines after this sad situation.